Friday, December 1, 2017

Maiden Flight



I had just enough time late this afternoon for a quick flight with the new DJI Inspire 1 v2 I bought for the State this past July. There's a lot to learn yet, and she flies a bit differently than my little Mavic Pro. One thing is certain: transport and setup is a LOT more tedious with this than with my little, backpack friendly Mavic. The case and sheer weight of all the gear required to run an Inspire is one factor. More things need to be attached and installed to get up in the air than the Mavic requires. But the Inspire X3 camera is better by far... tho' I still need to dial in settings just like I had to with the Mavic.

But it's a start. And I needed to make a start. Life and work really got in the way these past few months. Now that I've inched a little closer to being caught up I suppose I can afford to fly this thing more. And study for the Part 107 exam... aargh. Please. Don't remind me! :)

Enjoy! More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment