Thursday, September 12, 2013

Biggest of the Little



I spent a little time this morning reading an article in one of my professional magazines about the upcoming Virginia Street Bridge Replacement in Reno, NV. In the process I found this charming old video produced in about 1943 that includes a bit of history about the surrounding area and the bridge itself. It's hardly necessary to even mention the dating of the video because it becomes pretty obvious as soon as the narrator begins speaking. The short trip down memory lane that follows quickly becomes quite fun especially if you've ever visited "The Biggest Little City in the World".

Take a break and enjoy a bowl of crockpot stew history where modern engineering technology meets art and culture to produce a new chapter in Reno's Virginia Street Crossing.

Post Script: And I just love little details like this pertaining to the Artwork! What a gathering place and special moment it will create for the community! A new local icon is about to be born there.

1 comment:

  1. I drove through there back in '87 working for Tandy Security and I wish now I had paid more attention to the beauty of the city. Nice find Dave.

    ReplyDelete