Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summertime

Lazy Lake, Fall River, Wisconsin

For the next few weeks I'll hang out here in the midwest with mom after the passing of my pop.  The memorial image for him is below and was taken along the western shoreline of the Big Island, Hawaii on the evening I received the news.  He's in a better place now.


Lazy Lake in Fall River is about 5 miles or so from where I grew up and is great for fishing all year around.  It's known for excellent crappies, bluegills, and probably a few other game fish as well.  Whether the water is open like this in the summer or completely frozen over in the winter there always seems to be somebody out with rod and reel trying to pull something out.  One of the things on my list of things to do this summer while back is get out once again and fish for bass.  I'm hoping to talk one of my old high school buddies into going with me.  It's been a long time since I've wet a line in these waters.


So it's that and doing things around the house for mom for the next few weeks, the same house I grew up in.  Pretty amazing that they have been here that long, but nice.  It's always just the way I'd remember it.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can relive some of the joys of your childhood - it does us all good to get back to the simpler things in life occasionally and I'm sure that your Mom will cherish the time you spend together. She's about to walk a new road, as are you - I wish you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words paint images as clear and as colorful as your sunsets. I'm so happy you shared this well-written blog with me, Dave. It, like its author, is really something.

    ReplyDelete