Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sweet Home Chicago

Oh man, how good is this! I've been to Buddy Guy's club on South Wacker in Chicago and on two occasions he was in the house and got up on stage and performed a bit. He had his customary two glasses of red wine and was just as advertised: completely unpredictable. :) The last time he wore a really nice Hawaiian shirt too! Buddy is a treasure and a living blues legend.

Along with Buddy are two other performers on this stage that I've seen in concert; Robert Cray has played here in Kona twice over the past 10 yrs. He's been in my iPod forever. Jimmy Vaughn did a great show here just a couple months ago with Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King. Eric Clapton has probably been in Honolulu but I have yet to see him. Hubert Sumlin is a new name to me... I'll have to look into his music catalog more.

I have this song on my iPod in four different versions at least, starting with the Robert Johnson scratchy original and continuing from there. Each one seems better than the last.



Enjoy!

1 comment: