Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gear

Benro C0190T Fold Flat Tripod
Benro C0190T Fold Flat Tripod.
I'm done going on long trips and not having a functional tripod with me for night or low light shots.  Or phrased another way, I no longer want to haul my expensive and heavy Gitzo tripod when I go on trips.  What I've wanted was something small enough to fit in a carry on bag, light enough to haul around with the camera bag, but high build quality.  I think that describes the rig above.  I'd never heard of Benro before ordering this, but I'm impressed. 

The specs are as follows:

Top Plate or Base Plate Diameter1.9 in
Maximum Load13.2 lbs
Folded Height16.1 in
Maximum Height52.0 inches
Leg Sections5
Leg Lock TypeTwist Lock
Head Mount3/8-16
Foot MountAdhesive
Foot TypeFixed Rubber
Foot Size9 mm
Weight1.54 lbs / 0.70 kg

Leg construction is carbon fiber.  The unit is light, and not something you'd want to walk away from if you've mounted an expensive DSLR on it, but perfect as a travel unit you'll likely babysit.  The kit also included a two section center post, nylon carrying bag, and a special servicing wrench.  The fold flat leg feature is unique and perfect for saving space in a suitcase.

The first real test of this will be at the end of November during my Autodesk University 2011 trip to Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment